Mortgage rates have plunged to their lowest levels in over a year. Check out this chart courtesy of Freddie Mac, which shows the average rate for a 15-year fixed rate loan dropped to 3.75%, while the average rate for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage dropped to almost 4% at the end of March.
Rates are very attractive right now as many buyers are gearing up to purchase a new home during the spring buying season. This is great news for sellers, too. Here are a few timely tips that will help sellers take advantage of lower rates in 2019.
5 Tips for Sellers in 2019
1) Take advantage of the spring selling season while rates are attractive. Remember, the best months for sellers are typically March, April, May and June. Strong seasonal demand and low interest rates are making conditions optimal for sellers this spring.
2) Talk to us about how you can significantly increase your home's value through simple, low cost, cosmetic improvements. We can help you manage your home improvement projects and connect you with reliable contractors who do great work for a fair price.
3) Talk to us about pricing your home for the spring market. The spring market is the best market for competing offers and bidding wars. A properly priced home combined with a hot spring market can produce amazing results.
4) Get on our stager's calendar. We'll connect you with Debbie Lea, the best stager in the business. Debbie will help your home look its very best both online and in person.
5) Ask us for a customized marketing plan. We'll create a marketing plan that will help you succeed in this year's market. Remember, we don't have a budget for our real estate listings and we don't use a cookie cutter approach to marketing.
It's a new market in 2019. Do you have questions about buying or selling in this year's changing market? Contact us anytime for a no-pressure consultation.
This article is published courtesy of: Dan Miller, REALTOR Mad City Dream Homes & RE/MAX Preferred