Here's a quick mid-year review of the 2014 Madison area real estate market, courtesy of our sister site, DaneCountyMarket.com:
- Madison area home and condo inventory has been trending lower over the last several years. One reason is the sharp drop in foreclosures.
- Home and condo sales are below the levels from last year, but remain historically strong.
- Home building is trending above last year's pace, but remains well below the levels from the over-heated market in the mid 2000s.
- With lower inventories and good demand, prices for homes and condos are trending higher.
- Both homes and condos have also been selling more quickly.