We understand selling your home is a big deal and it's one of the biggest financial transactions of your life. That's why we view our role as your negotiation experts as one of our most important jobs.
You don't want to leave money on the table -- and you don't want to leave the sale of your home up to chance. We recommend you hire a trusted agent who has these 3 essential skills:
- skillful marketing and pricing that attracts a large number of offers from highly-qualified buyers
- effective negotiation with all interested parties that secures the best price and the cleanest offer from a committed buyer
- negotiation during the home inspection process that protects your financial interests and keeps your sale moving forward
How your listing agent navigates these critical moments can either make or break your sale. Be sure you hire an agent who has the experience and negotiation skills you need to protect your best interests throughout your entire home-selling journey. You'll appreciate the peace of mind you feel when you partner with a professional.
Six negotiation tips for home sellers
Looking for some sound advice on how to negotiate a successful sale of your home? Check out these 6 practical tips from our blog.
Home seller negotiation - frequently asked questions
- When does the negotiation process begin? Setting the stage for a successful negotiation actually begins with the pricing and marketing plan that you choose for your home. When your listing agent creates a beautiful listing for your property, and prices your home right, you will have the negotiation advantage you need when the offers start rolling in.
- How will you help me choose the best buyer for my home? We help you choose the right buyer by taking time to learn more about each interested party and their motivations for wanting to buy your home. We help you choose a buyer whose offer looks good on paper. Just as important, we help you select a buyer who is emotionally attached to your property and committed to closing.
- How can I avoid unpleasant surprises during the home inspection? We're big believers in being proactive and eliminating issues that might cause problems down the road. Before we list your home for sale, we'll tour your home with you and recommend repairs and improvements. If you are proactive with your repairs, you'll eliminate unnecessary surprises during the home inspection process.
- How will you help me negotiate the home inspection contingency when defects are found? Sometimes surprises pop up during the home inspection. That happens. When a legitimate defect is found, we'll help you negotiate a credit, price adjustment, or repair that is reasonable and fair to you. We're your advocate and voice of reason when a buyer tries to make unreasonable inspection-related requests.
Do you need to speak with a professional about your plans to sell your Madison area home, condo, or investment property? Contact us online or by phone to begin the conversation.