Thinking of buying or selling this spring? Three things to know.
Posted by Sara Ifert on Friday, December 27th, 2019 at 9:32pm.
The spring real estate market will be heating up soon. Are you thinking of making 2020 the year you buy or sell a home? There are things you can do now that will help you stay competitive in what’s expected to be another busy real estate market this spring. Read on for tips from our team for ways you can prepare, and then contact us for a consultation. We can help you achieve your buying or selling goals.
Looking to sell?
- If you’re thinking about selling your home, be proactive. You’ll set yourself up for a better home-selling experience if you begin planning and preparing right now. Many people feel stressed when they have to rush through the process, and planning ahead can make the whole experience much easier. Reach out to schedule a consultation and let us create a plan for you. We'll guide you through the plan and be by your side step-by-step.
- Staging your home can make or break your sale. So, embrace our home stager’s advice. Our sellers work with a home stager and receive a punch list of things to do to get their home ready for sale. When you follow her advice, you’ll end up with better listing photos and better first impressions. You are also more likely to receive more showings and more offers, which will lead to a quicker sale and a better price for your home. Plus, the sooner you work with our stager, the more time you have to implement the suggested changes so you can get your house on the market at the right time.
- Now is a great time to take a fresh look at the inside of your home. Are there things that you don’t use or don’t need any longer? If you take time to minimize clutter it will not only help your upcoming real estate listing, but it will make your eventual move much easier. This is also a great time to tidy up areas of the home that don’t get a lot of attention or complete unfinished home improvement projects. It is more cost-effective to do small repairs prior to listing your home than to have buyers try to negotiate them after the inspection.
Looking to buy?
- If you’re thinking of making 2020 the year you buy a home, now is a great time to start looking. The springtime is historically the most competitive time for real estate in the Madison area. If you start your search and develop your home buying plans before the spring rush hits, you’ll improve your odds of finding and buying your dream home. Also, be willing to consider homes that may need a little updating. That will reduce the amount of competition and should help you get a better price.
- Hire a buyer agent. Having a skilled and hard-working agent (or team) working for you is the best thing you can do to find and buy your dream home in Madison’s low inventory market. They can find homes for sale before they officially make it onto the MLS, and can help you make your offer stand out from the competition.
- Get pre-approved. We can connect you with mortgage lenders who can help you get pre-approved for a mortgage. This is the first step for buying a home, and can be a great exercise for determining your budget and learning about your financing options.
Whether you’re planning to buy or sell, now is a great time to get a head start on the spring market. Contact us for a consultation and we’ll help you start your new home search, or sale, on the right foot.