During this COVID-19 market many Madison area home and condo buyers are placing a huge amount of trust in their agent to help them find their dream home, negotiate their offer, and close on their purchase. As you go through the process of selecting your own buyer agent, here are a few questions about trust that will help you hire the right professional.
7 questions about trust
1) In this low inventory market, do you trust your buyer agent to be focused on all available sources of properties? MLS listings, coming soon listings, for sale by owner listings, and unlisted properties?
2) In this fast-moving market, do you trust your buyer agent has the grit you need to make your move happen? Does he or she have the work ethic, persistence, and resourcefulness to get the job done?
3) If you're buying your home virtually, do you trust your buyer agent to view and evaluate properties on your behalf? Does your agent truly understand your needs to know whether or not a home is a good fit for you? Is your agent also focused on the condition and quality of your future home? The noise level from nearby roads? And even - don't laugh - odd smells that might prevent you from buying?
4) In a market with fewer sales, do you trust your buyer agent is 100% focused on your mission, and not the commission? In other words, do you trust your agent will tell you when a home is not the right fit for you, and when the two of you need to continue looking for your dream home?
6) In this era of social distancing, do you trust your buyer agent to attend your home inspection on your behalf, to accurately assess the severity of any noted defects, and to appropriately negotiate any remedies?
7) During these complicated times, do you trust your buyer agent's communication style? Will your agent anticipate your questions, communicate with you proactively, and always be responsive to your questions and concerns?
Are you looking for a Madison area buyer agent you can trust?
We encourage you to view our agent profiles on our website as well as our agent reviews on Google, Zillow, and the Better Business Bureau. Then call the agent you feel is best suited to serve you and your unique needs. We know you'll find a professional on our team who's a great match for your personality and your particular real estate goals. You can also call me at 608-852-7071 and tell me more about your home-buying plans. Then I'll connect you with an agent on our team who will be a great fit for you and your goals for buying your dream home.
Thank you so much for placing your trust in our team. We're committed to earning your trust and serving your best interests throughout your entire home-buying journey.
This article is published courtesy of: Dan Miller, REALTOR Mad City Dream Homes & RE/MAX Preferred